Saratov JOURNAL of Medical and Scientific Research

Professional knowledge of pharmacists in providing pharmaceutical care to patients with diagnosed cephalgias

Year: 2021, volume 17 Issue: №4 Pages: 774-780
Heading: Parmacology Article type: Original article
Authors: Grishin A.I.
Organization: Saratov State Medical University
Summary:

Purpose: assess the level of knowledge of pharmacists in the field of pharmacotherapy of cephalgias in providing pharmaceutical care to patients with diagnosed cephalgias. Material and methods. A pharmacoepidemiological study was conducted based on a survey of 153 pharmacists and pharmacists (Saratov) using a questionnaire that includes the passport part (socio-demographic characteristics), questions about professional status, as well as questions with a detailed answer form on the topic of the study. Results. In the case of migraine, the overwhelming majority of experts' recommendations were rational (triptans, analgesics). Most of the specialists (81.7%) were unable to give any recommendations for the treatment of drug-induced headache, the remaining recommendations (18.3%) were partially correct. 79.7% of respondents could not recommend anything in the case of cluster headache, rational recommendations were given by 8.5% (oxygen, triptans). More than half of the recommendations in the case oftrigeminal neuralgia were rational (antiepileptic drugs were named). Conclusion. The low level of knowledge about the principles of treatment of certain types of headache indicates the need to improve the professional knowledge of pharmacists in this area: training of specialists and professional development will improve the quality of the pharmaceutical care.

Bibliography:
1. Osipova VV. Primary headaches: diagnosis and treatment. Methodic recommendations. Moscow, 2017; 27 p.
2. World Health Organization. Headache disorders. URL: https://www.who.int/ru/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/headache-disorders (14 March 2021). 3. Dryomova NB, Ovod Al, Litvinova TM. Pharmaceutical care: term and concept. Farmaciya 2005; (2): 37-45
4. Petrov AG. Development and implementation of pharmaceutical care as an importmant aspect of professional activity of pharmaceutical workers. Medicine in Kuzbass 2014; 13 (3): 10-16.
5. Cochran WG. Sampling techniques. 2nd edition. N. Y; L; Sydney: John Wiley & Sons, 1963; 413 p.
6. On Approval of the Rules for Good Pharmacy Practice of Medicinal Products for Medical Use: Order of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation No. 647n dated August 31, 2016.
7. European principles of management of common headache disorders in primary care. URL: https://painrussia.ru/up- load/iblock/46f/46fa1 e93c1820edb8d6ceb858cd513c9.pdf (14 March 2021).
8. Osipova VV, Filatova YeG, Artemenko AR, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of migraine: Recommendations of the Russian experts. Journal of Neurology and Psychiatry 2017; 12 (4): 4-14.
9. Reshetko OV, GrishinAI. Innovative drugs for the treatment of primary headaches: migraine. Good Clinical Practice 2019; (2): 95-104.
10. Osipova VV, Golubeva VV. Drug abuse in patients with chronic headache. Medical Council 2013; (1): 74-81.
11. Yakhno NN, ed. Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of neuropathic pain. URL: https://painrussia.ru/%DO%BC% D0%B5%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B8%D1%87%D 0%BA%D0%B0%20%D0%B1 %D0%BE%D0%BB%D1 %8C. pdf (14 March 2021).
12. Davydov OS, Yakhno NN, Kukushkin ML, et al. Neuropathic pain: clinical guidelines on the diagnostics and treatment from the Russian Association for the Studying of Pain. Russian Journal of Pain 2018; 58 (4): 5-41.
13. Gusev El, KonovalovAN, GekhtAB. Neurology. National guidance. Short edition. Moscow: GEOTAR-Media, 2018; 688 p.

AttachmentSize
2021_04_774-780.pdf597.79 KB

No votes yet